Curls come in all shapes and sizes and often behave like rebellious teens. Curly hair is also more prone to dryness, tangles and breakage, making it more fragile than straighter hair. So for people with wavy or curly hair, a good hair day often involves rituals for taming, defining, moisturising and fighting frizz. That’s why these consumers spend 20% more on hair care products as they actively seek out specialised formulations that are safe, natural and proven effective, just like the ones below. Go to formulas
Want samples?Interested in trying our featured ingredients for natural hair care?
Deep Nourishing Conditioning Treatment (Rinse-off)Detangle, smooth and add body and bounce to both natural and processed hair through a blend of AAK emollients that delivers excellent wet combing force reduction and delightfully creamy aesthetics.
Curl Defining Styling Cream (Leave-in)Tame, define and moisturise curly or kinky hair with a blend of AAK emollients that adds body, reduces frizz and keeps individual curls intact for a beautifully sophisticated result.
Lightweight Wave Defining Cream (Leave-in)Shape, smooth and moisturise wavy or curly hair with a blend of AAK emollients that makes hair feel smooth and weightless without the use of silicones.
INCI (EU): Soybean Glycerides (and) Butyrospermum Parkii Butter Unsaponifiables
Highly polar, semi-solid soft emollient
Main action: wet detangling, moisturising, texturising
- Excellent in vitro wet combing force reduction and detangling properties
- Offers lanolin-like properties which can be a benefit when formulating specialised styling and treatment products for textured hair
- Ideal for creating natural conditioning hair and scalp treatments
- Combines well with surfactants and natural emollients and emulsifiers
INCI (EU): Shea Butter Ethyl Esters
Unique, high spreading, low viscosity emollient ester
Main action: softening, lightweight, silky feel
- Excellent in vitro wet and dry combining force reduction
- Suitable for cold processing, sprayable and clear formulations
- Low interfacial tension contributes to improved spreadability
- Eco-designed and biodegradable
Lipex SheaLiquid™ TR
INCI (EU): Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (or) Butyrospermum Parkii Oil
Fluid shea oil made from renewable high-quality raw material with a fully traceable supply chain – see product guide for more on this win-win sourcing programme
Main action: moisturising softening, conditioning
- Gives rich emolliency without viscosity, allowing for higher use concentrations
- Adds softness and lubricity
- Contributes anti-frizz properties
- Improves hair feel