INCI NAME: Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter
LIPEX® CocoaSoft RA MB™
Sustainably sourced from Ghana and Ivory Coast, Lipex CocoaSoft RA MB has a flatter melting profile and superior crystallization pattern than standard refined cocoa butter to prevent bloom, protect and repair the lipid barrier, and deliver increased thermal stability to final formulations.
Lipex CocoaSoft RA MB offers cosmetic formulators new opportunities to deliver rich, luxurious, superior emulsions without needing to add texturizing agents and to create innovative anhydrous formulations that remain smooth, firm, and glossy.
Appearance: 0ff-white solid butter
OSI: 50 hours at 110°C
Solid fat content at 35 °C: 33%
Slip melting point: 48°C
Recommended applications: skin care, dermo-cosmetics, lip care
Typical use concentrations: 1–5% for lotions and creams, 5–15% for body butters, 2–4% for lip care
Recommended partner products: LIPEX® Shea, LIPEX® SheaLiquid TR™, LIPEX® SheaSoft TR™, Akofine R™
Features and benefits
- Lipex CocoaSoft RA MB crystalizes faster to a small, homogenous, stable crystalline network which prevents the formation of bloom and grainy textures without the need for specialized equipment or the addition of texturizing agents.
- The more stable crystalline network helps obtain smoother, glossier, less brittle anhydrous formulations.
- The flatter melting profile indicates a less temperature-sensitive product and predicts the following behavior:
- Less solid fat content at room temperature means that the ingredient is softer and more pliable.
- A higher solid fat content at skin temperature results in a longer playtime providing a luxurious skin feel and the ability to protect and repair the lipid barrier.
- The higher solid fat content at 40 °C helps stabilize formulations at high temperatures, which results in improved thermal stability and helps avoid temperature-induced phase separation.
Melting Profile Graph
Optimized crystallization video explanation
Watch the video showing the superior crystallization properties of Lipex CocoaSoft RA MB compared to standard refined cocoa butter.
- Sign in
- Apply for an account
Existing portal users should sign in with their registered email and password.