INCI NAME: Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter
We have applied our specialized lipid technology to modify the melting and crystallization properties to prevent bloom, protect and repair the lipid barrier, and deliver increased thermal stability to final formulations.
Lipex IllipeSoft offers cosmetic formulators new opportunities to deliver rich, luxurious, superior emulsions without needing to add texturizing agents and to create innovative anhydrous formulations that remain smooth, firm, and glossy.
Appearance: off-white, solid butter
Solid fat content at 35°C: 45%
Slip melting point: 50°C
OSI: 35 hours at 120°C
Recommended applications: skin care, dermo-cosmetics, lip care
Typical use concentrations: 1–5% for lotions and creams, 5–15% for body butters, 2–4% for lip care
Recommended partner products: LIPEX® SheaSoft TR™, LIPEX® SheaSolve™, LIPEX® Bassol C™, LIPEX® PreAct™
Features and benefits
When compared to a standard refined illipe butter:
- Lipex IllipeSoft crystalizes faster to a small, homogenous, stable crystalline network which prevents the formation of bloom and grainy textures without the need for specialized equipment or the addition of texturizing agents.
- The more stable crystalline network helps obtain smoother, glossier, less brittle anhydrous formulations.
- The flatter melting profile indicates a less temperature-sensitive product and predicts the following behavior:
- Less solid fat content at room temperature means that the ingredient is softer and more pliable.
- A higher solid fat content at skin temperature results in a longer playtime providing a luxurious skin feel and the ability to protect and repair the lipid barrier.
- The higher solid fat content at 40 °C helps stabilize formulations at high temperatures, which results in improved thermal stability and helps avoid temperature-induced phase separation.
Melting Profile Graph
Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm Stick
This treatment harnesses the power of mother nature’s moisturizers to keep lips in optimal condition.
- Sign in
- Apply for an account
Existing portal users should sign in with their registered email and password.